27 Last Seed

I've taken a carriage to Riften, being that it is a long trip, and I have yet to fully recover.

I arrived in the early hours of the morning, and not wanting to wake Grelod, I decided to take a stroll around town, until the hour was decent. As I passed the Bee and Barb, I overheard a woman extorting a redguard. Apparently the man, Shadr, had borrowed money from the woman, Sapphire, and promised to repay her after he'd sold off the shipment he had invested in. The shipment was robber before Shadr could sell it; Sapphire is clearly behind this. I confronted her, and after a bit of persuasion, she agreed to let the issue drop. Shadr was very grateful for my intervention - it feels good to help those in need.

... I decided not to tell Grelod about the contract. As I entered Honorhall, I stopped to speak with one of the children. Someone had neglected to close the cupboard door and I saw, to my horror, shackles lined along the wall. There was straw strewn along the floor, and even from across the room, I could detect the smell of urine and human waste. I left and sought out the guards, but they're just as useless at the ones at Windhelm. I don't know what to do, but something must be done. Those children cannot live in these conditions! I won't allow it!

... I bought an elixir from Elgrim. I think it will help to ease my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot! I've enjoyed reading what I can of yours as well. I've had to skip over most of it for fear of spoilers - as I haven't been to Riften yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm glad you like what you've read! I'm also wary about spoilers, so I understand not reading everything. I'm trying to label each post with the location, so hopefully that helps a bit.

    ReplyDelete